As a part of the application services team, Manager BI will be responsible for development and implementation of a process to identify management’s Business Intelligence needs; gathers the related information; analyzes the relevant information; provides timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implements the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Set standards for data analysis tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinates the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Reviews current business processes across the various business functions, interfaces and current workflows, to be able to define and execute the strategy for efficiency improvements through automation, mobility and integration.
- Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Assesses the integrity of data from various sources. Applies a variety of analytical and presentational techniques through various reporting tools or dashboards.
- Specifies at a strategic level the business functions and data subjects needed to support future business, thereby enabling the development of an Information Architecture.
- Manage day-to-day BI functions such as data delivery, analytics maintenance, interpretation of findings, delivery of insights, and coordination with stakeholders
- Provide ongoing evaluation of insights to inform recommendations around defined KPIs
- Guide stakeholders to interpret business needs into learning objectives and analytical solutions that can address their stated objectives
- Develop innovative mechanisms to drive adoption of BI reports / dashboards among stakeholder groups, from planning to execution.
- Identifying and executing process improvements through implementation of industry standard best practices.
- Provide direction and thought leadership for executing complex business technology integration
- Work with multiple stakeholders across various streams & keep all informed about the progress, issues, risks & be able to manage them proactively
Qualification and Experience
- B.Tech and MBA/MCA
- Total 8 to 10 years of experience
- 6+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and related Data Analytics on different tools / platforms
- Should have experience of setting up BI COE or practice
- Should have led at least 2 large scale BI implementations
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Experience of design, development and support of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 and 2016
- Hand’s on Experience required in both Tabular and Multi-Dimensional Cube Building i.e. Aggregations, Partitions, MDX Scripting, Performance Tuning, User Security (Roles, Cell/Dimensional Level)
- Competency required in Data massaging, DAX queries i.e. writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Expertise on ETL design and development of SSIS, T-SQL database development data modeling, stored procedure, functions, query optimizations, Data Warehouse Solution Design, Analytics OLAP Cube.
- Must understand domain complexity and criticality of making things done on time with consistency.- Out of box approach to bring new solution and thought process.
- Administration of Power BI Data gateways
- Provide assistance to DW team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Provide technical training to team members and partners to foster stronger cross-departmental relations.
- Drive change and innovation
- Ability to handle multi-disciplinary cross functional alignment to deliver value to the business
- Business priority management
- Drive to accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and proactive approach towards business growth
- Effective organization change management across all levels
- Ability to see the big picture and connect the dots to establish an automated and long term sustainable framework.
Criteria provided by job poster
- No matchAnalytical Skills
- No matchData Analysis
- No matchPriority Management
- No matchData Analytics
- No matchData Structures
- No matchData Modeling
- No matchBusiness Intelligence (BI)
- No matchQuery Writing
- No matchAnalytics
- No matchBusiness Technology
Level of education
- No matchMaster of business administration
- Information Technology